My friend posted something on her blog that someone had posted (I just love how these things get around). I actually like taking those little quizzes that go around on Facebook and such that are a ‘get to know one another’ of sorts. “When did you fall in love? What is your favorite food? When did you start hearing voices in your head?” So here are my answers:
1. where is your cell phone: On the kitchen island. That’s where it usually stays all day. I answer it and I like having one but I only want to use a phone to make calls, not to text, not to watch trailers or to play games or to create a cool ring tone.
2. your hair: Long. I started dying it when Matt and I got married. My friend, Jen, convinced me that the gray was obvious. I’ve always liked to go natural but there’s just so much gray and it makes me look washed out.
3. your father: Good question.
4. your favorite food: Fresh made pasta is up there. Oh man! Italians and their cheese, cream and fat. I love it!
5. your dream from last night: Lately I’ve been having a lot of random dreams and they are very vivid. I don’t usually remember them but every once in a while I have a dream about something profound and it speaks volumes to me.
6. your favorite drink: I still love coffee with cream in the morning but just one or 1 1/2 small Euro-size cups. Caffeine makes me jittery so I don’t have much. I love beer though. Belgian ales! I can’t have much of that either because it gives me migraines if I’m not careful-lots of sugar in ales. At the moment I am craving the raw milk I’ve been getting from a local farm. Oh man, it’s so sweet and creamy.
7. Your dream/goal: To have a large family and to move back to the Pacific Northwest. I don’t know if I really have it in me to have a large family but I do love the idea of kids around everywhere. I would love to make a living writing and I greatly miss teaching. I would like to be involved with a community development project like a local gardening program. I’m all about seeing people’s lives change on the small and practical level.
8. what room are you in: The living room. But our multipurpose room is the dining room. We eat, do school, play legos, colour, eat some some more, all at the kitchen table. It also has a lovely bay window with an apple tree right outside so I love the view and the light that comes in.
9. what is your hobby: I have a lot of hobbies and interests. Cooking, learning (I love podcasts of all sorts), writing, a bit of sewing and definitely gardening (even indoor gardening during the soul crushing winter months here.
10. what is your fear: Losing any of my kids or my husband. My family are the most important people in my life.
11. where do you want to be in 6 years: With more kids, more in love with Matt, owning a home that is a place of rest for friends and family and a bit more time to be locally involved where we are living. I’d also like to have more free income to take occasional vacations overseas.
12. where were you last night: Home with the kids. Later I was reading The Omnivore’s Dilemma then Matt and I watched a French film. Good times.
13. something you are not: Slow, uncommitted, left handed
14. muffins: Not a huge fan of muffins. I order them at coffee shops if the only other options are super sugary sweets and I make them for the kids (minus the sugar) as a healthy snack. Otherwise, I avoid muffins.
15. wish list items: A Eurovan. I would love a sweet minivan that isn’t…well, a mini van. I also like driving stick so I think it would be super fun to own one. I’d also like to have our house paid off.
16. where did you grow up: Washington state but I’ve lived in a lot of states since then.
17. last thing you did: Talked to my son about being a bit more mellow with the cat and with his sister
18. what are you wearing: Jeans and a sweater. I always wear tons of layers inside living in WI. It’s cold here even indoors. Ugh!
19. your tv: Resting in peace in the basement. We’ve never been huge TV people, just watch videos, so it was an eyesore in the living room as well as a power hog. We put her to rest with a towel over her head.
20. your pets: A cat named Rushmore after Matt and Tracie’s favorite movie, Rushmore. We were going to name him Bill Murray but it’s a lot to say when you’re calling him inside at night. “Here, Rushmore-Bill Murray”
21. your friends: Are a lot of fun and I wish I saw them more. I miss my WA friends painfully.
22. your life: Has changed a lot since having kids but I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s what I make it.
23. your mood: Pensive. I’m usually thinking A LOT. It’s a gift and a curse.
24. missing someone: The CA Bonjours and Burtnesses, my mom and brother, and a whole lot of old friends from WA.
25. vehicle: Geo Prism with the hub caps missing. It’s been such a faithful car but it is a bit small for us. Cars, to me, aren’t something that I need to have the newest and flashiest one. I’m not usually impressed with pricey, luxury cars. I’m practical and think money can be better spent. I’d still love a Eurovan though.
26. something your not wearing: Mittens. It’s hard to type in them.
27. your favorite store: I don’t know if I have one. I love to get new things but I’m not a huge fan of shopping.
28. your favorite color: I’ve always loved the colour green but I don’t really wear it.
29. when’s the last time you laughed: I laughed with Matt this morning. He’s getting funnier and funnier.
30. when’s the last time you cried: I don’t even want to say the movie that made me cry. It’s such a stupid film but at one point the man looses his friend/father figure and I felt really bad for him. Seeing death in films really gets to me.
31. your best friend: Probably Matt. I like to be with him the most. I have some dear friends and they are wonderful for different reasons. Not sure if I can nail down one BFF.
32. one place you go over and over: The library. I LOVE the library!!!
33. one person who emails me regularly: Amanda. She cracks me up.
34. Favorite place to eat: I don’t have a favorite. I love going out to eat more than most forms of entertainment. I love good food and great atmosphere. I wish we could do it more. It is one expense I would throw down a lot for if we could. Tutto Pasta was the last place we went but we rarely go out for a pricey meal. When we do it’s very special.
My sister in law, Marie, posted her answers